Have you ever tried a handmade balm or salve? It’s a dying art. It takes us back to the days when doctors weren’t so readily available, and people relied heavily on old folk remedies.
Our balm is good for swellings, bruises, sprains, and sore muscles and ligaments. It is very good for before and after sport. (I use it on my forearm after a long day of typing newsletters or picking olives!) It only contains a few wonderful ingredients:
- Arnica – also known as Wolf’s Bane, this plant has been used for centuries to help relieve the pain of swelling, arthritis, bruises and sore muscles. In 1990, it was used by Norwegian marathon runners before the race, who found that it prevented their muscles from becoming so sore.
- Beeswax – used for thickening, plus provides a protective layer
- Yunquera Gold olive oil – its nourishing, softening and protecting properties are well-known, but olive oil is also healing in itself
- Eucalyptus essential oil – derived from the eucalyptus tree, this essential oil feels cool to the skin and warm to the muscles. It works really well against all kinds of pain, especially muscle and joint pains.
Try this natural, soothing balm the next time you have those oh-so-familiar autumnal aches and pains! We think you’ll be feeling better in no time!
* Not for using during pregnancy or on broken skin. Not to be taken internally.